Lighter shade. Darker shade. Somewhere in between. You're complexion is BEAUTIFUL, my girl. Yes, you are a QUEEN!
And once your beautiful girl embraces this truth, she'll own a truth that can never be taken away!
Self-Confidence. Self-Esteem. Self-Love. These are all attributes that we desire to positively instill in our girls. No Shade Here, Baby! addresses shadeism//colorism encouraging greater self-acceptance and acceptance of differences.
Do you want to give your girl the confidence to embrace her beautiful skin shade? Do you want to equip her to deal with difficult emotions, negative external feedback and peer pressure? Are you searching for good resources to address situations that your girl may be facing now or in the future. If so, this is the book you've been looking for.
Join Harper and Cousin June as they tackle a topic that continues to impact women and girls, young and more seasoned: COMPLEXION. SHADE. LIGHT vs DARK. COLORISM. Harper and Cousin June are only headed into 3rd grade; however, they'll soon learn that they have the tools to conquer this issue. And your girl will as well.
Through compassion, carefully crafted questions, and appropriate humor, No Shade Here, Baby! gives an inside look into an impactful heart to heart conversation between young cousins.
This book helps to reinforce and encourage positive messages of loving and accepting yourself UNAPOLOGETICALLY: even those parts that others may not appreciate, love or accept.
Picture book for girls 6 to 11 years of age.
What's inside this book:
- A powerful story of a girl learning to love and appreciate her complexion, her beauty, her uniqueness
Girls love this book because it:
- Supports a healthy self-image
- Helps them to put words to their emotions
- Helps them to develop confidence in their ability to problem solve
- Gives tools to cope with difficult situations
- Gives them a voice in sharing their experiences
- Empowers them to reject those things that do not build them up